· 2 medium sweet potatoes or 2 medium yams
· 3 tablespoons butter, melted
· ½ C crushed pineapple, drain and reserve juice
· ¼ C pecans, chopped
· ½ C cracker crumbs
· 3 tablespoons brown sugar
· 2 lbs ham slices, slices of your favorite deli-ham. Have them slice it thick enough to wrap around something without falling apart. An eighth-inch is about right.
· ¾ C pineapple juice
· ¼ C Shredded Coconut, firmly packed
1. Bake sweet potatoes wrapped in foil (crimped side up) until tender.
2. Peel and mash.
3. Add butter, pineapple, nuts, crumbs and brown sugar; mix well.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F.
5. Spread a thick layer of filling on each ham slice; roll as for a jelly roll, lay in pan against one another so they don’t unroll.
6. Place in a baking dish; pour pineapple juice over and sprinkle the top with coconut
7. Cover with foil.
8. Bake (1 hour for smoked ham and 20 minutes for boiled ham).