· 1 lb Dry Navy Beans
· 4 oz Diced Bacon
· 8 oz small diced onions
· 4 oz small diced carrots
· 1 G chicken stock (I usually use “Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base” and water)
· ¾ lb diced potatoes (~ ¼ in squares)
· #2 ½ (1 lb 13 oz) can diced tomatoes
· ½ oz fresh chopped parsley.
· Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Soak the beans in water for eight hours or overnight, placing the pan in the refrigerator so that the beans will not ferment. Before cooking the beans, drain the soaking liquid and rinse beans with clean water.
- Brown bacon lightly, add onions, carrots, and stock.
- Bring to a boil, add beans and simmer till beans are tender.
- Add potatoes and cook till tender.