Lingonberries are an amazing little berry from Sweden that tastes sort of like a cranberry. Lingonberry preserves are tangy, sweet, and all around good. They are readily available online and in some IKEA and specialty stores. This compound butter is an excellent accompaniment to crepes; store bought Swedish pancake mix, or even toast. The serving size is approximate, but it makes a considerable amount.
· 7 ounces Lingonberry preserves
· 1 1/2 lbs unsalted butter, room temperature
1. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer until creamy and pale yellow.
2. Add lingonberries and beat until thoroughly combined and light pink in color.
3. The finished product should have no visible liquid and be light and airy. If your butter is juicy, dark pink, or clumpy- keep beating!
4. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Has an excellent shelf life.